Urchin was canceled in 2012 and it's become extremely difficult to activate new Urchin installations. Plus, the newest version of Urchin (v7.2) is unaware of newer browsers & OS platforms, and the geolocation db is woefully outdated.
If you are having licensing issues with an active Urchin installation, you should consider migrating to Angelfish Software
Here's how to
No Internet Connection
If you need to activate an Urchin License, but your server does not have an internet connection, you will need to contact Google to have a license manually generated for you.
- Log into your MySQL or Postgres Urchin database.
- Execute the following command: update uglobals set ucgl_serial='<YOUR SERIAL>';
- Execute the inspector from urchin/util and save its output to a file.
With Internet Connection
If your Urchin server is able to contact the Internet but you are having trouble activating an Urchin serial code, it's likely that the serial code is locked. Serial codes are single use only.
- The Urchin server crashed and Urchin is being reinstalled.
- The Urchin server was deprecated and Urchin is being installed on a new server.
Post-2012, Google was the only company that could reset Urchin serial codes and they said they'd reset them for 3 years. So if your Urchin installation doesn't work, the only way we know of that you can revive your data is to migrate to Angelfish Software.